MEET THE ASPEN NANNIES’: NATALIE NOAKES
Updated: Jan 19, 2021
Business Spotlight Questionnaire
1. Where is your favorite place to grab a drink in town, besides your own establishment?
Michola (Tacos & Margaritas) and Red Onion (Pat is my favorite bar tender), 2 great local spots.
2. What do you like to do when you are not working?
Take my dog Denny for a hike, bike ride, or a skinning adventure in the winter. I am also a hut trip addict in the winter!
3. What is your zodiac sign?
Born on the cusp of Libra and Scorpio. This supposedly means I am receptive, with deep awareness and very determined….
4. Do you have any insider tips for people visiting your establishment? (i.e. order this, but ask for this addition, etc.)
The more information we can get on your children (likes/dislikes etc. the better). Also this summer the kids must try our Experiences, this includes the Cupcake and Cookie Decorating Experience, and the Get Active Experience.
5. What item do you think is essential for visitors to bring or buy to ensure they have a great vacation in Aspen?
Re-usable water bottles- I’ve seen so many clients and children going through numerous plastic water bottles. We have to drink double the amount of water here in Aspen altitude, and bottled water waste is still a major concern for our world.
6. What is your favorite account to follow on Instagram?
I’m not into ‘the gram’. But if I did follow something it would be anything to do with dogs/puppies haha.
7. How long have you lived in Aspen? What brought you here?
It’s been 3.5 years now. I moved here from Australia for 3 months to be a ski bum and live near my uncle from Glenwood, and as the story goes, I ended up staying for the summer!
8. Are you more of a Beyoncé or a Rihanna? Kanye or Diddy?
Not a massive fan of either, my favorite singer is Matt Corby- check him out, amazing Aussie musician. Diddy all the way, definitely old school RnB!
9. Where do you travel in the shoulder season or in your time off?
Australia, Mexico and Central America, France, Mongolia, you name it…. anywhere that is different, exotic, exciting, and warm.
10. What is on your Aspen bucket list?
I still haven’t done Grizzly Lakes, the Four Pass Loop or Conundrum Hot Springs and I’d love to do a Snowmass hot air balloon sunset/sunrise flight.
11. What is the best performance you’ve seen or special event you’ve attended in Aspen?
Gosh so there are just so many concerts at the Belly Up: The Revivalists, Thomas Jack, Dave Chapelle, etc. And my favorite special event is the dog day at the Arc, it is hysterically cute.
12. What was the last song you listened to?
Childish Gambino covers Tamia ‘So Into You’ for Like A Version. If you haven’t heard of Like A Version- Check it out, you will be addicted.
13. What is the wildest thing you’ve seen at your establishment or in town?
Watching Tristan Feinberg flying through the air at an astonishingly young 12 years of age at the Kickaspen Big Air a few years ago.