5 Quick and Easy Ideas to Feed Fussy Kids at Breakfast
Updated: Jan 19, 2021
1. Peanut Butter & Banana on Rice Cakes is a great delightful treat for kids at breakfast and you can even make rice cake animals!
2. Breakfast Bananas Pops!
(2 bananas makes 4 pops)
– bananas (Or try this idea with strawberries, pineapple, etc.)
– yogurt of choice (Whole soy, Almond Dream, Silk, etc.)
– granola of choice, or crushed cookies or Healthy Graham Crackers add-on ideas: mini chocolate chips, coconut shreds, cinnamon sugar, raisins, etc.
– popsicle sticks or silverware to insert in the bananas
Procedure: Pour granola into a very shallow dish or plate. Peel bananas, cut in half, and insert popsicle sticks. Dip into yogurt (or coat with a knife), then roll into granola and add-ons. (I stuck the chips on by hand, after rolling in the granola.) Place on a parchment or wax-lined tray and freeze. Keep uneaten pops in the freezer.
3. Layering! Kids love the looks of this ‘cool’ heathy parfait's
This is an especially ideal option when summer fruits and berries are tumbling off of tree and vine. But during the autumn and winter months, dried or frozen fruits and berries work perfectly as well. Plus, these are a great opportunity to try out whatever goodies are in season as the months roll by. Our local market is usually packed with an incredible array of fruits, so we can have a different parfait every day of the week.
4. Easy Peanut and Banana Roll
Whole wheat tortilla + peanut butter + bananas + a few dark chocolate chips = a power breakfast your kid can eat on the way to the bus. Feel free to add berries or nuts to up the nutrition.
5. American Flag Toast
8 slice – bread, whole wheat
1 cup – blueberries
3 medium (7″ to 7-7/8″ long) – banana
1/2 cup – cream cheese
Jam Toast bread. Slice bananas into half circles. Spread a thin layer of cream cheese on toast if using. Arrange the jam on the ‘stripes’ part of the flag. Put blueberries in the upper left corner where the ‘stars’ are and place banana stripes so it alternates red and white.